Friday 17 October 2014

OUGD403- Alphabet Soup Final Crit

Today we had the final crit for the first studio brief 'Alphabet Soup'. We presented our 10 finalised letter form designs to a small group. We explained the development, research and concepts behind the designs and then passed the designs around the group to receive feedback and criticism.
I presented my ideas on A3 design sheets, and the group commented on how well presented they were and effective in communicating the concepts. My most successful designs, according to the crit group, are numbers 3,4,7 and 9. My personal favourites are designs 4 and 7. For me design 7 resolves the brief the most effectively. I found the word passive initially challenging to visually represent, but idea 7 communicates passivity in a way I can relate to and hopefully others as well. Simon and a few people in my crit group said out of the ten ideas they really liked idea 7, so I think I will take this design into Adobe Illustrator and develop it into a full set of letter-forms.













No comments:

Post a Comment