I knew that I wanted to incorporate some sort of transparent stock into my book, where and how was a different issue. So I did some visual research. I came across a number of experimental ways of using either clear acetate or tracing paper on the internet, all of which provided me with plenty of inspiration for my own cover design.
I designed a wrap around dust cover for my book, separating the title of the book from the imagery on the cover. I did this to visually represent the idea of having a split personality or ego as well as to make the book more interactive and aesthetically interesting. Originally I did want to print all of my portraits using similar methods, but after doing numerous test prints, I decided against it.