Wednesday 8 April 2015

OUGD404 - Brief 02 - Layout Experimentation

I experimented with a range of possible layouts and tried out a number of typefaces along with various background compositions. For the titles and headings I used Arriea Black and for the body copy text I used Gill Sans Light. I am happy with the decision to use those fonts. 

I experimented a lot with various subtle layout designs. I did multiple thumbnail sketches to help me decide on which layout to use for the text based content of the book. This was helpful and allowed me to get an idea of which layout would be most suitable for the tone of voice and overall aesthetic of the book. I took the most inspiration from the various magazine that I researched. BUTT and OUT magazines were the most inspiring for me.

I knew that I wanted to use a bold sans serif for the headings and a much sleeker and more classic sans serif for the body copy text, and this took a while to decide on so I experimented with a number of typefaces as well.














No comments:

Post a Comment