Friday 13 November 2015

OUGD504 - Brief 03 - Binding Research

I have looked mainly at simple saddle stitch binding methods for this brief, as I want my book to have a hand crafted feel. I want it to feel delicate and sensitively produced, and this binding method seems appropriate in communicating those messages. My publication does have a fairly high number of spreads in it, and I want to print the final publication on reasonably weighted stock. Taking those considerations in mind, a binding method such as case bound or perfect bound would probably be more appropriate to use in a commercial context. Saddle stitching is not difficult but it can become quite time consuming, especially if you are binding a large run of publications. In a commercial setting, saddle stitching would bot be suitable. However, within the context of this course and the collage, I think saddle stitching will be suitable for this one off publication, as at the end of the day, it is only a mock up. 









No comments:

Post a Comment