Tuesday 31 March 2015

OUGD404 - Brief 02 - Inspiration from the 1980s

Andy Warhol's work on alter-egos and drag was done in the very late 70's through to the mid 1980s. His work captured the times perfectly. As my publication is paying tribute to these works by Warhol, I want the general aesthetic to reflect the 1980s in some way. So I did some quick research into magazine design and layout from the 80s.

It was at this period that post-modernism was beginning to take hold, and post-modernism is something that I am focusing a lot in for COP and also just my general enquiry. Post-modern graphic design really drives my practice and inspires me greatly. I want my book for this brief to feel post-modern and reflect Warhols' work well.



I like the collage feel to this I-D magazine cover, something that I want to attempt creating in my spread designs. 


Black and white imagery contrasted with subtle injections of colour, something I am definitely planning on achieving in my designs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment