Thursday 18 February 2016

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Secret 7 - Analysing the Brief


I decided to enter Secret 7" again this year, as I enjoyed it so much in level 04. This competition is exciting because it is so open, allowing me to be as creative as I want to be without necessarily being confined within 'strict' design boundaries so to say. I like Secret 7 because I can be as expressive and fine art as I desire, something I am constantly on the look out for.

First things first, it was time to check out this years selected tracks. They were:

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

Etta James - At Last

Jack Garret - Worry

The Jam - Art School

John Lennon - Imagine

Max Richter - Dream 3

Tame Impala -  The Less I Know The Better

I had a listen to all of the tracks and did some background research on them. I wanted to complete this brief pretty quickly, so I didn't waste too much time on deciding which tracks to design for. I simply chose tracks which I enjoyed listening to and felt instantly inspired by. It was important for me to feel the music, because I knew I would be producing some really abstract artwork directly influenced by the sounds in the tracks. I chose to design for three of the tracks, which were

The Jam - Art School, John Lennon - Imagine and Max Richter - Dream 3. I was drawn to these tracks the most. I was also trying to work out which tracks would perhaps be the least popular for other designers, and I figured these would be those tracks minus the John Lennon track.

No comments:

Post a Comment