Thursday, 17 March 2016

Because of choosing a colour scheme early on before even designing this made it incredibly easy to work to a brief, As you can see from some of the screen shots a lot of placement and movement was necessary to get the design right. The packing initially became a struggle, this was because non of us had really tackled packaging and didn't know exactly what to place on our product.

We settled on a sophisticated colour scheme early on in the developmental stage of this brief as a group, which made the design process incredibly efficient and easy. Although none of us had indepth knowledge of packaging design conventions, we experimented a lot with type, content and pattern and I believe we did a great job of generating some really great initial designs which we pushed further individually and as a group. I put myself in charge of designing the front, side and back panels of the packaging which I thoroughly enjoyed. We achieved this through conducting our research we helped us soon overcame our initial struggles and began to write notes on exactly what was needed to make our packing both functional and sophisticated.

Generating the concept and aesthetic of the packing really was a group effort rather than one persons input.  The front of the packaging started off with us all creating ideas, and developing them. We all showed our ideas and then picked a design to with and improve. Out of all our designs we felt that mine had hit the nail on the head and decided to take forward my cover idea which was to use the brusho to create the transparency colours through the saucy fish logo, I felt this was a really good idea! As a group, we felt this added both character and passion to our design which before we were lacking. Although My initial design concept was a start initially, however it was too crowded and busy, and didn’t feel premium enough. With our 3 heads together we decided to make the front as simple and uncomplicated as possible this way the fish would be the winner - just like on the brief. To keep our design simple we named our fish on the side of the packaging and clearly stating the logo this meant our fish could be still readable when stacked! and also bold.

Laura then began to work on the reverse of the packing, with the help of the group we came up with a list of necessities such as a barcode, nutritional information (which is a legal requirement), Ingredients, suggestions and some info about where the fish is from. When we had all our information she worked on placing our designs, the problem with this was we had a lot to say and not a lot of space to do it. She used a simple grid created to make it neat and flowing. Without this I think it could of easily become messy and overcomplicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment