Tuesday, 22 March 2016

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Monotype - Additional Touchpoint Finalisation

After presenting my developed zine design to a crit group and a couple of my tutors, I made some adjustments to the overall look and feel. People said that they would like to see the zine with a fresher background, suggesting I made the background of all the spreads white, in order to allow the rest of the content to stand out on the page. This was definitely a valid piece of feedback which I took on boards. They also said that the body copy should be easier to read, suggesting I use a sans serif such as Franklin Gothic which is slightly more legible than Apercu. I made this alteration and it improved the overall reading quality of the content. People also suggested that I should consider making the content entirely monochrome and print onto vibrant coloured stock. This piece of feedback was unexpected but I took in on board and tried it out. The results were brilliant and made the finished printed booklet look highly professional and consistent with the rest of my campaigns collateral.

No comments:

Post a Comment