Monday 28 March 2016

OUGD505 - Brief 02 - Research - Food Inc.





Similarly to Cowspiracy, this underground documentary aims to enlighten people to the very real problems associated with modern day agriculture and food production methods. It is not a preachy, radical film, rather it exists to merely enlighten people to the negative implications of our modern lifestyles. Themes of sustainability, environmental damage, climate change and food insecurity run throughout the show, and all of these themes are highly relevant to this design project. I didn't think that this documentary was as effective as Cowspiracy, but it was still worth watching. I learnt a lot from it and it motivated and inspired me to adopt a certain tone of voice in my practical design work. I find watching videos like this very useful and beneficial to the development of my design process and certainly learn a lot more from visuals than from certain types of contextual research found in text form. I am glad that I took the time to watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment