Monday 14 March 2016

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Monotype - Conceptual Development

Once I had established a strong concept, I got to work experimenting with appropriate typefaces which link directly to typography typically found on retro 1970's badges. I selected typefaces that are bold and highly legible, whilst also looking like they would comfortably appear on a badge from that era. I also chose to use typefaces which mimic the appearance of an actual pin badge, such as 'Chrome' or 'Frankfurter'. 

I played around with phrases that would act as the campaigns main taglines. One of the strongest ones to me is 'Don't let society pin it's badges on you' or 'You don't have to wear the badges society pins on you'. These are conceptual statements, but they carry the most serious message about challenging negative labels and stereotypes in society. I generated a number of experimental designs, manipulating the typography into circles to add a further conceptual dimension to everything. I had a lot of fun playing around with words and their connotations, pushing the potential of their semiotics. 










No comments:

Post a Comment