Wednesday 18 February 2015

OUGD406 - Brief 02 - Further Research

Best Book Cover Design of 2014: What I really enjoy about these designs are the expressive nature and brilliant use of semiotics, imagery and of course typography. Some book cover designs are extremely simplistic, bordering on minimalist. Yes, I appreciate these for what they are, but I know that I want to make my designs conceptual and involve a lot of imagery. 


bestbookcovers tue-incaseofemergency

bestbookcovers the-martian

bestbookcovers playforthecommandant

bestbookcovers no-country

bestbookcovers karate-chop

bestbookcovers intervals-in-cinema

bestbookcovers horrorstor-final-300dpi

bestbookcovers flings-oliver-munday

bestbookcovers empathy-exams-639x1024

bestbookcovers 9780226171715

bestbookcovers 1119

bestbookcovers 160


The New York Times Best Book Cover Design of 2013

“The Lover” by Marguerite Duras

“The Circle” by Dave Eggers

“F: Poems” by Franz Wright

“How Best to Avoid Dying” by Owen Egerton

“My Last Sigh” by Luis Buñuel

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/the-50-coolest-book-covers


No comments:

Post a Comment