Monday 16 February 2015

OUGD406 - Brief 02 - Study Task - Book Cover Typographic Treatment

Based on the previous two study tasks, design an appropriate typographic treatment for the book cover of your given book, consisder the following:
• If your adjectives (descriptive words) from your analytical discussion are negative then define the derivative
• Chose a Typeface(s), which is representative of your feedback
• Define a hierachy of information (author/title/subtitle)
• Chose type style/size/alignment appropriate to your above decisions
• Work in only Black and White and at A4 scale
• Purely typographic no symbols or imagery

Responses:
I chose to use quite obvious typeface for the purpose of this study task. I used Arial, which for me is a great alternative to Helvetica. I am pleased with my typographic treatment, as I feel it reflects the witty and quite informal nature of the books' content. Its funny how much you can convey through just type use alone. By simply placing the name of the author and the title of the book at complete opposite ends of the composition, I am visually communicating through semiotics and visual puns, and I found this entertaining to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment