Wednesday 18 February 2015

OUGD406 - Brief 02 - Memorable Book Cover Design

I looked online for some articles about timeless and memorable book cover design and I came across this great article from The Casual Optimist, who blog all the time about book cover design and so on. 

50 Memorable Covers From the Last Four Years (Posted in 2012)
"The Casual Optimist turned 4 years old at the end of last week. While not exactly a historic achievement, the blog has lasted the length of a presidency and exactly 3 years, 11 months longer than I thought it would. In order to celebrate this minor triumph, I thought I would post some memorable book covers from the last 4 years. It was going to be 10 covers, then it was 20… It quickly became 25, then it was 30… by 30 I figured I might as well do 40… I missed 40 and had to cap it at 50. It was just for fun and not meant to be a definitive survey — it’s just 50 covers that have stuck in my mind.
The keen-eyed among you will also notice that there are no covers from 2012. I’m keeping my powder dry. You can expect a post of my favourite covers of the year in the not too distant future. You can let me know your picks for 2012 in the comments as well. In the meantime, I’m going on vacation so this will be my last post for a while."
Here are a selection of my favourite designs included in the article:


No comments:

Post a Comment