Monday, 28 December 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Monotype - Initial Idea Generation

Once I had established the message and theme of the campaign, I was able to then begin generating ideas. This brief requires me to communicate using typography only, so I began generating ideas using Illustrator which works with vectors. I wanted the type to be as clear and sharp as possible. My initial experimentation was with type choices. I was looking to select typefaces which are bold, legible and make a maximum impact. At this stage, I am not necessarily thinking conceptually with my type decisions. I was really just trying to figure out the appropriate tone of voice. 

I played around with a number of slogans/strap lines that could form the basis of the campaign. Here I was really just focusing in on abandoning labels, trying to find an effective way of saying it without sounding cheesy or clich├ęd. There have been campaigns already that tackle similar issues that came across as being slightly pedestrian and predictable, I definitely want to avoid this. I want to create something with conceptual power, something that will talk to a wide range of people. I want to educate, advise and inform, spreading positive social and cultural change through the power of type.  











No comments:

Post a Comment