Monday 28 December 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Monotype - Initial Idea Generation

Once I had established the message and theme of the campaign, I was able to then begin generating ideas. This brief requires me to communicate using typography only, so I began generating ideas using Illustrator which works with vectors. I wanted the type to be as clear and sharp as possible. My initial experimentation was with type choices. I was looking to select typefaces which are bold, legible and make a maximum impact. At this stage, I am not necessarily thinking conceptually with my type decisions. I was really just trying to figure out the appropriate tone of voice. 

I played around with a number of slogans/strap lines that could form the basis of the campaign. Here I was really just focusing in on abandoning labels, trying to find an effective way of saying it without sounding cheesy or clichéd. There have been campaigns already that tackle similar issues that came across as being slightly pedestrian and predictable, I definitely want to avoid this. I want to create something with conceptual power, something that will talk to a wide range of people. I want to educate, advise and inform, spreading positive social and cultural change through the power of type.  











No comments:

Post a Comment