Saturday 19 December 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Chicago Latino Film Festival - Further Experiments

Once I had built up a little confidence in illustrator, I decided to have a go at creating some abstract film cameras using simple lines and geometric shapes. I did this purely for experimental purposes, I thought they would work well as a repeat pattern. I tried it out but it looked a bit busy and over complicated.

I pushed the colourful experiments further because I felt they were successful. I tried to keep these designs as simple as possible to. The colours are representative of Latin American textile design, which is a subtle reference to Latino culture as a whole. The colours are vibrant and complimentary and allow the poster to stand out from a distance. I experimented a lot with type here as well, staying true to my initial vision of using bold, contemporary sans serifs. I played around with displaying the type vertically to make a reference to the skyline of Chicago. This is very conceptual and probably wouldn't be instantly obvious to the average person looking at the poster design. However, this is something I enjoy doing and want to continue doing; embedding narratives and conceptual elements into my designs that aren't instantly noticeable or recognisable. 






No comments:

Post a Comment