Wednesday 23 December 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Chicago Latino Film Festival - Informal Feedback

I took the images below into an informal crit session and received some positive, constructive feedback from my peers. My main point for feedback was on the type decisions and colour choices. I was content with the imagery and didn't really think that I needed to change much about that. I really just wanted to know if people liked the type choices and thought that the colour combinations were appropriate. 

People were most keen on the use of SuperGrotesk, a typeface which is not to dissimilar to Futura. They said that this worked the best with the vector artwork,a d I agreed. People were appreciative of Harbour Bold, because it feels contemporary and contrasted beautifully with the punchy illustrations. However, they favoured the simpler, more sleek sans serif and I could see their reasoning. Harbour bold is a little abrasive and in your face, I just wanted to experiment with using it because I had admired it for a while.

I took the feedback on board, continued to tweak the designs and got them ready for submission to the competition. 






No comments:

Post a Comment