Sunday 20 December 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Chicago Latino Film Festival - Additional Experimentation

Additional layouts and type experiments: I recently came across a typeface that I had been meaning to find out the name of for some time now. I have seen it used throughout contemporary editorial design and poster design and was delighted when I found a free version of it online, It's called Harbour Bold. Harbour is a mix of chiselled black-letter and brush-written calligraphic. It makes a wonderful impact on me. It has been described as reshaping the black-letter aesthetic, re imagining an ancient form of typography making it functional, relevant and exciting in today's visual culture. 

I decided to use it because I had seen it around and had admired it. I also thought it would compliment my vector artwork successfully. In these further experiments, the Aztec mask has become a film reel case. I added a roll of film in Illustrator, manipulating it to make it appear to be rolling away into the distance. I think these experiments are playful and have the potential to appeal to a wide range of people. I am going to ask for feedback to see if other people think it is worthwhile developing these designs any further. 







No comments:

Post a Comment