I very much enjoyed and benefited from working on this quite intense D&AD brief. I believe I put in a consistent amount of effort and it certainly paid off, because I received some really positive feedback once everything was finished. I did spend a lot of time working on this brief; I began in November and completed it in early March. Ideally, I would have liked to have had it finished by February at the latest, but I don’t like or enjoy rushing my work, nothing successful ever comes from doing that so I am happy that I ended up spending a substantial amount of time really refining and polishing my concept and the aesthetic of the campaign’s collateral. I believe I approached this brief in a way that a lot of my contemporaries wouldn’t have thought of.
I value my conceptual thinking brain immensely, and it certainly delivered within the context of this project. I set large goals for myself within this project in terms of the amount of work that I aimed to produce and I managed to produce everything I set out to a very high standard. I did a lot of experimentation and generated a range of ideas to work from which I felt gave me an advantage. I benefited massively from feedback, applying what people said to achieve an aesthetic that could be widely accepted in terms of audience. I have developed my typographic skills hugely thanks to this brief and I look-forward to completing briefs of a similar nature in the near future.