Thursday 28 April 2016

OUGD505 - Brief 01 - Typographic & Aesthetic Research

When I think of bank notes, I think or ornate and old fashioned typography. You sort of take this for granted. However, there is a trend amongst designers at the moment to use sans serifs where contemporary bank note design is concerned. Below are some images of re-designed bank notes from New Zealand, which feature sophisticated sans serif fonts. I thought it would be a good idea to take inspiration from these, because I don't want my designs to seem clichéd or reminiscent of old fashioned designs. I want my designs to feature a contemporary typeface which has some subtle traditional qualities to it. 

front-combined.png

front-combined.png

2014dec77_7-7.png

5555569619_6f01ed409b_o.jpg

5556155234_b596bf65e5_b.jpg

euro-security-features.jpg

euro-security-features-20.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment